Wednesday, September 14, 2011

THE RIGHT QUESTIONS

I like to ask questions. There is an amazing store of knowledge and wisdom in the minds of people all around.

I once heard of a company CEO who would routinely ask his staff:  "What questions do I need to ask you to get the answers that will give me the knowledge I need to make the right decision?"

I like that. It says that we have a need for certain answers but that we are often so close to the situation we don't even know the right questions to ask - and that if we did there is often someone somewhere, sometime, who will somehow have the answer we are looking for.

Be a question asker. But go beyond and from time to time ask the big question: "What questions do you think I should be asking to get the information I need?"

No comments: