Monday, August 6, 2012

EVER WONDER

I subscribe to one of those joke-a-day emails. I begin my day, like most Americans, by watching the news. Probably not the best way to get off to a positive start. So I attempt to neutralize it with something light-hearted. Today I received one of those "Ever Wonder..." lists. Ordinarily I wouldn't pass it on but today I saw one that really struck me as somehow significant. Here is the list with the one that hit me highlighted:

Ever Wonder:

- Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

- Why women can't put on mascara with their mouths closed?

- Why you don't ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

- Why "abbreviated" such a long word?

- Why it is that doctors call what they do "practice"?

- Why it is that to stop Windows 98, you have to click on "Start"?

- Why lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dish-washing liquid is made with real lemons?

- Why the man who invests all your money called a broker?

- Why the time of day with the slowest traffic is called rush hour?

- Why Noah didn't swat those two mosquitoes?

- Why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

- Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
 
- If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?   

- If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

No comments: