Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TAKE A MOMENT (OR TWO)

I usually think of myself as being pretty "even" temperamentally. I don't often get stressed or uptight about things. I am not much of a worrier. But I know a lot of people who are. I've even tried to convince some of them that worry doesn't actually change anything (except within themselves - all change being for the worse). So I was a bit disconcerted when I received a link twice today for the same site - calm.com Are people trying to tell me something?

It's really a pretty cool site. The idea is that you take a couple or a few minutes every so often to just look at beautiful scenery, listen to soothing music and, a new addition, listen to words of peace. I can't help but to think that, if everyone did this each mid-morning and mid-afternoon, our own personal worlds would be better places to be.  Check it out: http://www.calm.com

1 comment:

Curt MacRae said...

Your readers miss you.. Please come back...

Curt