Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moderation

While I believe we ought to do all that we do to the fullest, I also believe in “all things in moderation.”

Here is what I mean…. If you decide you need to lose weight by going on a diet, you need to do so with moderation. You certainly CAN simply stop eating – that is doing it to the fullest – but that isn’t wise. Going the other direction, if you truly enjoy eating, going at it with abandon is unhealthy and can damage your body.

Moderation is where it’s at in most aspects of life. Moderation often is the difference between something being helpful or that same thing being harmful. Some effort is good, more effort is better, but there is a point of diminishing returns. That is where wisdom is needed to curb our enthusiasm and determination .

When nothing seems to be working, give moderation a try. Sometimes just backing off and not trying so hard actually allows things to happen.

1 comment:

McCrabby said...

Glad to see that you're posting. I miss the every-day-posts of the past; I need my spiritual compass...